- Don’t allow eating in the car. Crumbs are a nightmare to get out of nooks and crannies, even with an industrial strength vacuum.
- Be cautious about liquids. Sometimes hydration is important when driving but ask people to use a cup rather than swig out of bottles in order to reduce spillage risks.
- Only allow water to be consumed. If someone drops a cup or bottle of water in your car, then it’s a minor nuisance. If they drop a cup of sticky sweet red fruit juice (etc.) then it’s going to be a much bigger staining and removal challenge.
- Don’t allow pets in your car. If you’ve ever spent hours trying to get pet hair off your seats and carpets, then the sense of this recommendation will be self-evident.
- Keep a sick bag at hand when travelling with younger children. A child can be fine one second and in the blink of an eye, they’ll start vomiting for no obvious reason. Your notice is likely to be minimal and pulling up isn’t always possible in time. A receptacle of some sort could save your upholstery and a very unpleasant cleaning job afterwards!
- If you can, choose leather or faux-leather upholstery. It’s much easier to clean and often harder to stain. In fairness, some modern fabric seats are good too but still probably not as ‘wipe-able’ as leather or simulated leather.
- Keep an emergency seat cover in the car. This is invaluable when your kids have come back covered head-to-foot in mud and you can’t exactly ask them to sit undressed in the car for the drive back home.
Whenever you need to park your lovely beauty outside. Your car will thank you for this. If you are waiting for someone in your car, it can never get better than this. If you are planning outdoor activities, your car definitely needs the car tent. Also, it is helpful when you go on business trips. All in all, you can use this car protection almost everywhere because it is useful for different occasions. This tent can protect your automobile from ta variety of elements. For example, your vehicle will stay protected from things like dust, sap, acid rain, and bird droppings. Ultimately, this equals fewer car washes and your car stays looking great longer, saving you time and money.
It is made up from a superior kind of material which does not hurt the surface of the vehicle at all. The bottom is made up of soft TPU circle which allows no scratching. The high-tech frame is made up from military grade hardened material fiberglass. The frame is made to be tough, strong and aging resistance and to ensure the stability of this item. It comprises of a battery which is required to charge once a month, making it very convenient.
This tent changes the temperature inside of the car for 35 degrees, simply covering it and making a shadow on the top of the car roof. It will be like under the big tree with the wide shade. If you are picnic lover, you will be happy if you know that they will make the same tent for the outdoor activities for the people and their tables and outside beds.
- Avoid the left lane: If it’s a multilane, avoid taking the left or “fast lane”. Instead, take the centre of right one because it will give you the chance to quickly change lanes in case of any emergency. Also, most accidents happen on the right lane.
- Keep your eyes focused: Never just see what’s immediately in front of your car only; look further ahead. Look for any traffic movement several cars ahead. This will give you time to react if any unforeseen events arise.
- Beware of blind spots: Make sure to adjust your rear and side view mirrors accordingly so that you have a panoramic view of what’s behind you. If something is not showing in the mirrors, turn around and see it so that you don’t miss anything. If there is a big truck behind your car, ensure that you don’t get into the blind spot.
- Keep your hands in 9 and 3 o’clock position: Most individuals take the lazy route to handle their car. They place the hand at 12 o’clock at the top of the steering or both hands at the bottom of it. But this is the wrong thing to do. Keeping your hands in 9 and 3 o’clock position will give you much more control of the car in case you want to take a quick manoeuvre.
- Get your seat closer to the steering: Shift your seat toward the steering so that you hand can rest on the wheel. This will ensure that your hand doesn’t get much fatigued and you can easily manoeuvre your car.
- Keep your car’s limit in mind: Whether it’s a vintage car or a sports one, a driver should always know what his/her car is capable of. To avoid accidents, one must always know what limits the engine, tires or brakes have. If you don’t know the limits, you can easily over stretch the car and end up in an accident.
- Maintain your vehicle: Needless to say; you have to maintain your car in the proper condition in order to work properly. Service the car frequently and use only high-quality motor oil sot that the car doesn’t break down in the middle of the road.
- Avoid practising at night: If you are new to driving, avoid doing it at night. At night, due to decreased field of vision, you will have to employ a far more defensive approach in your car. Also, never go down a dark road with malfunctioning head and tail lights.
One of the most important things to know about automobile ownership is that a record of ongoing upkeep will be diligently tracked by all licensed providers. This is done to give prospective car buyers a better understanding of routine upkeep for the different, used cars that they consider. Before purchasing a used car, most people request vehicle history reports. These reports list any accidents that cars have been in as well as all of the services that they have received.
Due to this fact, taking your car to a local shop for servicing and car is a great way to ensure a good resale value. Comprehensive records of diligent maintenance help people feel more comfortable about these investments. They know that well-maintained cars are a lot less likely to break down than are vehicles that are hardly cared for at all.
It is important to always buy premium fuel for your car. Paying a little bet extra for a top-quality fuel can have a remarkable impact on your engine. These options tend to be cleaning burning and this means that they leave behind a lot less sediment that can cause interior components to become coated, slow-moving and more likely to wear down.
Getting the oil changed in a car is especially important. Your mechanic can put your on a regular oil change schedule based upon the amount of driving that you do and the type of driving that you subject your car to. Most people need to pay for these services every six to twelve months. Your provider can additionally check and top off all fluids during these visits.
When small accessories break down or break off, have them replaced right away. Efforts like these protect both vehicle aesthetics and resale values. Broken or chipped mirrors, missing hood ornaments and damaged dash accessories or floor mats are easy and inexpensive to replace. You can even work with aftermarket sellers to get customised replacements so that your vehicle better suits your needs and personality.
Tyres should be rotated every six months. If you go to a full-service mechanic, this is something that can be handles along with you oil change or regular tune-ups. Tyre rotation ensures even wear and tear on the treads and will give you a lot more traction on the roads, even when they are slick, wet or icy. It can also minimise the likelihood of serious auto accidents and extend the lifetime of these important vehicle fixtures. When tyres are rotated, brake pads can be checked and changed as need for maximum stopping ability.
Great for off-roading
Mud flaps are also recommended for off-roaders since they usually drive on harsh road conditions and always come in contact with road rocks, mud, and other road particles. It comes in different styles which can be matched to the vehicle.
There are different brands that offers this automotive part. It is available in different shapes, sizes, and colors, and even materials used. Some custom-made mud guards are constructed using plastic or rubber.
What mud guards should you use?
Both styles are made with protective backstop that prevents particles thrown by tires when driving. The plastic splash guards are commonly seen on cars while the rubber flaps are usually found on truck and heavy-duty vehicles. Plastic-made guards are durable enough for lightweight cars. It can withstand harsh weather conditions and prevent road particles that may cause dents on some part of the vehicle. On the other hand, the rubber material is as durable as plastic but more flexible, so it’s good for bigger sized vehicles to provide greater coverage. The rigid mud guards can get stuck onto the tires, especially for bigger sized vehicle at high speeds. The rubber ones can sail out of the way because of it flexible construction.
The First Car
To our best knowledge, the first car began as a toy built for the Chinese Empire by Ferdinand Verbiest. All the first cars were steam powered, even the first passenger capable car invented in the late 1800s. These cars remained only fashionable and not commonly owned for quite some time. During this time many parts were re-invented to perform better. From there public transportation was established in some places, but was scrutinized for safety and caused the Locomotive Act in 1865, requiring these vehicles be proceeded by a man with a red flag and blaring a horn.
Car Ignition System Parts
The first car ignition system seems to be one of the only hole-in-ones in car making history. The first patented design in 1883 by Siegfried Marcus was that of the magneto type, the same design used today!
The Hybrid Car
Although the efforts of the first hybrid car designers were side swiped by the success and efficiency of gas powered vehicles with consumers, the history behind the first hybrid cars is thick from year 1665 to 2000 when Toyota released the Prius, the most popular model to date. The actual first hybrid model to hit America’s mass market was a Honda in 1999. Side swiped again!
The Studebaker Brothers
The Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Company was ambitious to attempt to transition from wagons to automobiles like the rest of America and were successful for 50 years (from 1912-1962). They established a great reputation and were well versed in collaborating with other companies, partnering with several in it’s lifetime. It’s last partnership was with Packard, a luxury car manufacturer. They were dropped from partnership due to their impending financial doom. The Studebaker vehicle was produced in 1966, under their original ‘Studebaker Corporation’.
It’s important to maintain these competitions and awards each year to understand where we are headed with them in the future. It’s certain they are not going away! Of Forbes’ car technology predictions, some of the most foreseeable concepts are active window displays (glass capable of displaying images) and active health monitoring (seat belts and steering wheels capable of taking your vitals).
Those made from asphalt, metal, concrete or plastic are quite costly and can burn a big hole in your pocket, when you install them on long roads that lead to your property. When you want to buy in bulk, rubber is the most preferred material as it is reasonably priced. One rubber speed bump costs just a little over $100, which is quite a convincing reason as to why you need to buy them.
Unlike metal or plastic, rubber speed bumps are very easy to install. They can be dismantled with the same ease as well. On an average, it takes just about 45 minutes to one hour to install it. This makes it one of the most flexible materials to be used in case of an emergency. These can also be taken from one place to another quite easily for installation.
Since rubber speed bumps are made from recycle tyres, they are quite eco-friendly. Other materials like metal, plastic and asphalt make use of chemicals like petroleum, which are not safe for the environment. They are very durable and sturdy as they are made from tyres that have stood the test of time and faced various climatic conditions.
Suits all roads
One of the best things about rubber speed bumps is that it can be used for all kinds of road surfaces. This makes it one of the cost-effective brands available in the industry today because you don’t have to invest in different types of models for different roads in your area. Asphalt and other materials need different coats and polishing over it to make them suitable for the roads that they are installed on. When you use rubber speed bumps, you can save yourself from spending these extra costs on polishes and coatings.
When given reflective yellow stripes, they become highly visible during the night hours, thereby helping you to drive safely and carefully. Since they are sturdy, they can stand all kinds of climate and are highly reliable in cases of tricky roads, rough terrains, uneven roads and the like.
Light the way
If you don’t often drive at night, you may not have noticed that your headlights are not as bright as they used to be. Any vehicle inspection should always include a check on the condition of the head light lenses, since the lenses become clouded and pitted over time. If your headlight lenses are in a less than perfect condition replace them, and have the focus adjusted to make sure you can see what’s ahead of at all times.
Keep the engine cool
As with head lights, a vehicle inspection must include a proper inspection of the engine cooling system. Cooling system problems are the second biggest cause of road side breakdowns, so make sure that the coolant contains fresh anti-freeze, that the coolant level is up to the mark, and that there are no fluid leaks anywhere in the cooling system. Repair all leaks well before departure to give you enough time to confirm that repairs had been successful.
Service now, rather than later
Schedule a multi-point vehicle inspection before you leave. This type of vehicle inspection can uncover multitude of defects, or issues that you may not have been aware of, and if you have the vehicle inspection done early enough, you can get all faults repaired in good time. Choose a vehicle inspection plan that includes checks on the following as a minimum;
- suspension rubbers/bushings
- condition of the shock absorbers
- all hoses
- all drive belts
- wipers and windshield washer
- battery/charging system
- brakes- including the parking brake
If your vehicle is nearly due for and oil change, you may as well have it done during the vehicle inspection. There is no harm in changing the oil and oil filter a few hundred miles early; moreover, you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your engine is lubricated with fresh oil.
Check the electronics
Not all fault conditions will trigger a warning light on the first failure, which makes it very important that the vehicle inspection includes a thorough diagnostic check, since some fault conditions only become apparent after several fault cycles. In these cases, the fault may be stored as a pending code, which means that the fault can become active at any time. Be aware that some pending trouble codes can immobilize, or seriously affect the drivability of a vehicle when they become active, so schedule a diagnostic check-up for your vehicle to make sure that this does not happen to you.
Check the rubber
Of course, no vehicle inspection can be complete without a thorough inspection of the tires, including the spare tire. Just checking the outside of the tires is not good enough; have the wheels removed from the car to properly inspect the inside sidewalls for signs of damage like cuts, bulging, or tread separation on the shoulders.
Also, be sure to check the tread depth, but make sure that the tread is evenly worn over the entire width of all the tires. Uneven tire wear is a sure sign that something is out of alignment, bent, worn, or broken. Replace all tires that are not in perfect condition, and rotate the tires to make sure that all tires share the load equally.
The reverse camera captures the overall backdrop and hence the real time footage is then displayed on the LCD screen. This stunt in turn ensures that reversing and parking is done with a lot of ease. The driver is also saved from the process of turning around to see the back view. Thanks to the reverse parking camera! Once the driver selects the reverse gear, the reverse camera system is involuntarily activated. The driver can now see what lies behind and this in turn can prevent a lot of accidents. This reverse parking camera system eliminates the risk of colliding with poles, walls and most importantly kids and pets. Saves precious lives and your pocket too. No more CRAASHHHHH!
Along with the above stated benefits, here is a list of some of the popular reverse camera system that you can consider buying.
- REAR VIEW MIRROR SYSTEM.
This system involves a mirror integrated with a LCD screen and is a replacement to the simple and old rear view mirror. The LCD screen appears automatically once you hit the reverse gear. In this rear view mirror system, the mirror needs to be powered up.
- IN-DASH SYSTEM.
There are many vehicles that come with fitted in-dash screens. The existing screen can serve the purpose of monitors in reversing camera system. The in-dash system features a vehicle-specific interface that has to be plugged into the already fitted screen.
- DASH / WINDOW MOUNT SYSTEM.
You can choose to mount different sized screen on the dashboard or get it fitted to the roof or windshield.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL SYSTEM.
Along with a screen, this system is equipped with GPS navigation, Bluetooth and DVD players. These additional features are also available in rear view system, in-dash system and dash mount system, depending on your choice and preference.
A reliable bearing supplier will make sure that all its products are manufactured in compliance with the international quality standards, and its reputation should precede it as a leading bearing company in the region. To help you choose a trusted roller bearing supplier, here are some of the must-have characteristics you need to check:
- Product range – besides roller bearings, the company should have other kinds of bearings, as well as other related products like universal joint, tools, grease, and oil seals, essential in giving their customers a one-stop shop for all their bearing needs.
- Brand variety – look for a company that offers different bearing brands. In many cases, it is also important to look for ones that are the exclusive distributor of the most in-demand bearing brands. NSK, MBS, KBC, and ILJIN are among the most popular and in-demand bearing brands in the market. They are known for the product quality and if you find an exclusive distributor for these types of brands, then the company is the answer to your search. These types of company also usually has their own brand of bearings.
- Business terms – companies should have customer-friendly business terms that can offer easy and convenient payment terms to its customers as well as allow them to place orders of any quantity.
- Distant reach – companies that can reach is far allowing for delivery of goods anywhere in the world is important. Especially if you require a very specific type of bearing of a brand, you may only find one that is available overseas, hence the importance of a company’s far geographical reach.’
- Competitive prices – suppliers that have reliable means of procurement as well as a long standing relationship with different manufacturers can offer lower prices for their products.