- Change the Transmission oil and filter at least once every 50K miles.
- When you start your vehicle let it set in neutral to the count of 20 before you put it in gear every morning.
- Come to a complete stop before you shift into neutral, reverse, or drive.
- Check transmission fluid frequently and NEVER over fill it.
- Never spin your tires on pavement, this causes wear and tear on your transmission.
Taking care of your transmission is not difficult, but it does require serious thought as to drive patterns, behaviors, and habits of the driver. You must consider your vehicle and never expect more than it should be able to provide mechanically. Overextending the simple uses wear on engine and … Read the restContinue reading